Part 1: Create and Tell Stories
Part 2: Capture and Share Stories
Project and Activity Ideas
- Introduce story elements and various story structures through retell and story adaptations of books, movies, fairy tales and legends, etc.
- Explore various story structures through the creation of original narratives surrounding specific content areas, like social studies and science topics.
- Brainstorm and plan original ideas for larger projects and writing pieces.
- Contextualize and practice new vocabulary through the storytelling process.
- Oral storytelling and sharing of ideas within small and whole group settings
- Through the Li’l Stories App, students can connect and share their work with family and friends outside of the classroom.
- Celebrate students’ works with storytelling parties or performances of complete creations.
- Oral Presentations: The storyboards themselves serve as visual stories that students can use as a tool to articulate and share their ideas with the class.
- Written narratives, Reader’s Theater, puppet show, animations/films: The storyboards can serve as a brainstorm or idea board for long-term projects.
- Story Videos: Through the Li’l Stories app, students learn to participate within a connected world of online sharing and networking of ideas as they digitally capture their stories.
- The storyboards and digital capture allow for multi-dimensional assessments of students’ with diverse learning styles – visual, auditory, and read or write learners.
- The storyboards are flexible and allow for integrated contents, which authentically demonstrates students’ understandings.
Li’l Stories Starter Kit
Our starter kit includes everything you need to get started: Teacher’s Guide, Activity Ideas, Curriculum Map, and Storyboards for Grades K-2 and Grades 1-4. All you need is a printer, 11” by 17” sheets of paper and markers.
Our sample lesson plans utilize custom materials to guide students through a collaborative story creation process as it fosters critical thinking and analytical skills. The lessons are designed to be taught independently or integrated into an existing curriculum unit.
Would you like to learn more? Schedule a Li’l Stories for Educators Workshop at your school. Our professional development workshops introduce classroom teachers and school staff to the Li’l Stories framework and approach to learning.
Li’l Stories Labs
Would you like us to tell stories with your class? Schedule a Li’l Stories Lab: students engage in the collaborative process of creating and sharing a narrative. Our Labs are tied into a classroom’s curriculum and can have a variety of outcomes.